Making Movies | Ameri'kana CD
At the 2017, Latin Grammys Rubén Blades said he wanted to work with a band he recently discovered called Making Movies, setting into motion their first collaboration, No Te Calles, a calling to all artists and the general public to speak out against corruption.
Inspired by the poetry of Blades on “No Te Calles”; Making Movies entered the studio and dreamed up ameri'kana, an "oldies" station from the future, where the injustices sung about are long gone. The album's genre-breaking sound pulls from Latin music as well as rock'n'roll, which Making Movies attests are one and the same: without the influence of Latin music in North America, jazz and blues would have never been born, nor would its successor rock'n'roll. ameri'kana marks the band's sound and mantra: "ROCK'N'ROLL IS LATIN MUSIC," they are as inseparable as the continent itself.
- Cómo Perdonar (ft. Rubén Blades + Flor De Toloache)
- Making Movies & Rubén Blades - Delilah
- Rebelión (ft. Flor De Toloache)
- Pedacito De Papel (ft. Asdru Sierra)
- De Paisano A Paisano (ft. David Hidalgo)
- una tierra
- Making Movies & Rubén Blades - No Te Calles
- Patria (ft. Frankie Negron)
- The Wake of the Fall (Nibiru)
- 23 de septiembre 2017
- Tormenta (ft. Las Cafeteras)
- una despedida
- Tired of Giving In (ft. Flor de Toloache)